adapted from Dr. Gary Chapman’s "The 5 Love Languages".
Read each pair of statements and circle the letter that best describes you:
1. A. I like to receive notes of affirmation from my partner.
E. I like it when my partner hugs me.
2. B. I like to spend one‐on‐one time with my partner.
D. I feel loved when my partner gives me practical help.
3. C. I like it when my partner gives me gifts.
B. I like taking long walks with my partner.
4. D. I feel loved when my partner does things to help me.
E. I feel loved when my partner hugs or touches me.
5. E. I feel loved when my partner holds me in his/her arms.
C. I feel loved when I receive a gift from my partner.
6. B. I like to go places with my partner.
E. I like to hold hands with my partner.
7. A. I feel loved when my partner acknowledges me.
C. Visible symbols of love (gifts) are very important to me.
8. E. I like to sit close to my partner.
A. I like it when my partner tells me that I am attractive.
9. B. I like to spend time with my partner.
C. I like to receive little gifts from my partner.
10. D. I know my partner loves me when they help me.
A. My partner's words of acceptance are important to me.
11. B. I like to be together when we do things with my partner.
A. I like the kind words my partner says to me.
12. E. I feel whole when we hug with my partner.
D. What my partner does affects me more than what they say.
13. A. I value my partner's praise and try to avoid their criticism.
C. Several inexpensive gifts mean more to me than one large expensive gift.
14. E. I feel closer to my partner when they touch me.
B. I feel close when we I am talking or doing something together with my partner.
15. A. I like my partner to compliment my achievements.
D. I know my partner loves me when they do things for me that they don’t enjoy doing. 16. E. I like for my partner to touch me when they walk by.
B. I like when my partner listens to me sympathetically.
17. C. I really enjoy receiving gifts from my partner.
D. I feel loved when my partner helps me with my home projects.
18. A. I like when my partner compliments my appearance.
B. I feel loved when my partner takes the time to understand my feelings.
19. E. I feel secure when my partner is touching me.
D. My partner's acts of service make me feel loved.
20. D. I appreciate the many things my partner does for me.
C. I like receiving gifts that my partner makes.
21. B. I really enjoy the feeling I get when my partner gives me undivided attention.
D. I really enjoy the feeling I get when my partner does some act of service for me.
22. C. I feel loved when my partner celebrates my birthday with a gift.
A. I feel loved when my partner celebrates my birthday with meaningful words.
23. D. I feel loved when my partner helps me out with my chores.
C. I know my partner is thinking of me when they give me a gift.
24. C. I appreciate it when my partner remembers special days with a gift.
B. I appreciate it when my partner listens patiently and doesn’t interrupt me.
25. B. I enjoy extended trips with my partner.
D. I like to know that my partner is concerned enough to help me with my daily task.
26. E. Kissing me unexpectedly makes me feel loved.
C. Giving me a gift for no occasion makes me feel loved.
27. A. I like to be told that my partner appreciates me.
B. I like when my partner looks at me when we are talking.
28. C. Gifts from my partner are always special to me.
E. I feel loved when my partner kisses me.
29. A. I feel loved when my partner tells me how much they appreciate me.
D. I feel loved when my partner enthusiastically does a task I have requested.
30. E. I need to be hugged by my partner every day.
A. I need my partner's words of affirmation daily.
Add Total Number of Answers Here:
A. ____ Words of Affirmation B. ____ Quality Time C. ____Receiving Gifts
D. ____ Acts of Service E. ____Physical Touch